Sunday, August 26, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 18: Cars 3- Jackson Storm

Life IS a highway and I absolutely want to ride it literally all night long. I finally understand what Rascal Flatts meant in those infamous lyrics. I never once thought that the highway of my life would twist and wind down to a road where I would find myself doing 3 Cars themed Disneybouds ever, let alone over the course of a few months. But here we are. Life can be so interesting like that.

If I haven't been clear previously, the Cars franchise is probably one of my least favorite things that the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries has ever had any part in. I just have never and will never be interested in talking cars and they beat it to death over the course of 3 films and a spin-off film (lest we forget Planes). But despite all of this, my Cars themed Disneybounds have turned out to be some of my favorites over the course of this project. I felt so good about myself in Lightning, and I got to live my farm girl fantasy as Mater, and now with Cars 3 Jackson Storm did not disappoint. I am not exaggerating when I say that upon trying on this outfit, I walked around my house for 3 hours saying "I'm- JACKSON STORM" and flipping my ponytail. Was I more than likely delirious after having completed 3/4 of this project and finally being in the home stretch? Probably. Did that make it any less fun for me? Nope.

Cars 3 as a film was probably my favorite out of any of the Cars movies, though that isn't saying much. I still didn't like it, it's still not up there on my list of Pixar movies, but I didn't cringe as much as I expected. I thought the themes were fairly solid. I liked that Lightning knew when it was his time to retire (something Pixar needs to learn when it comes to retiring franchises), and I loved how the real and true villain in the film was youth and technology because honestly that's the true villain in my every day life.

After much debate with myself and everyone else I know over which character to bound for this film, I settled, as I've said, on Jackson Storm- because sometimes it's good to be bad. I had such a fun time creating a completely modern look for Jackson Storm which I felt was integral to his character since his whole story line revolves around the fact that he's a new kind of racer who uses new technology to train in a way that we've never seen before. Pulling from Jackson's blue and black color scheme, I thought that a really good way to exemplify how slick and modern he is would be leather, so I went with some faux leather pants and a faux leather jacket- which looked really cool and I loved, but also caused me to nearly pass out from the heat. You can find the jacket on my Amazon Storefront. I added the touch of blue with a casual blue crop top from Forever 21. I think that the key to this look was to make it simple and streamline, which is such the opposite of what I usually go for in my vintage kitsch, and part of the reason I loved it so much. To accessorize the look I added two mis-matched earrings, an idea that I pulled from one of my favorite YouTubers, Kandee Johnson. I love this idea because it's subtle but it's extremely modern, and it's also great for someone like me who can never find a matching pair of earrings.  For shoes, I added a suede bootie for texture. Though this outfit is absolutely stellar, I think that we can all agree the true star of the bound is my incredible Ariana Grande inspired ponytail. I have to say I was living my absolute best life with all this glorious hair on my head- I felt like a true star, and all thanks to my amazing friend Lisa Fabio at Little Penny Lane on Etsy. She is absolutely incredible with hair and is the only person I will trust with any of my wig needs.






No comments:

Post a Comment