Monday, August 13, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 14: Monsters University- Squishy

Monsters who? Monsters U! Monsters monsters boogalo! U u monsters u u monsters! Zada, beta, lamda, U! Oh ah Monsters U!

Monsters University is the film that inspired me to quit school and achieve my dreams. Well not really, but I think this movie has a really important message behind it: there isn't one right path for everyone. Mike always knew that his plan was to attend Monsters U and work for Monsters Incorporated as the greatest scarer of all time. Despite the fact that his plan didn't go the way that he expected, Mike Wizowski still achieved his dreams (kind of) after literally being kicked out of school. So the real and true moral of the story is that school doesn't matter at all, it's all about real world experience, and no matter how hard you try, you're probably always going to fail.

For Monsters University I just could not bring myself to Disneybound as either Mike or Sulley. I honestly don't know why, but when I even considered bounding as either Mike or Sulley I would actually get a physical headache. So I went with this movie's unsung hero: Squishy.

For this look, I tried to imagine what my life could have been like if I was one of those awful, preppy sorority girls, and in order to gather inspiration, I studied the only sorority girl that ever mattered: Elle Woods. More than anything, my outfit was inspired by Elle's "what, like it's hard?" look.

The base of this look was, of course, pink because Squishy is a big pink monster just like me and I love him for that. I used a vintage pink collared wrap top, a vintage suede skirt, and my Pink TUK Western Starlet heels to show off my love for the hue. I especially loved the texture that the suede gave to the overall look.
 

 To show my Oozma Kappa pride, I picked this kelly green cardigan, and layered it with this adorable yellow bow belt to add a more defined waist to the look. To top it all off, rather than going with the typical OK baseball cap, I opted for a green headband to tie the colligent look all together. You can show off your Oozma Kappa pride too by checking out these items at my Amazon Storefront. 

No comments:

Post a Comment