Monday, August 6, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 12: Cars 2- Mater




Family, once again it is honesty time. I know I previously mentioned in my Lightning McQueen post that I planned to watch all 3 Cars movies as a part of this challenge, but as I am writing this I still have not seen Cars 2 and honestly never plan to. I did make a sincere attempt to find it for free online (like I’m going to actually PAY to see Cars 2?), and I asked several friends if they owned it so I could borrow it. Not a single person I know owns Cars 2, and not only that, everyone I asked about it basically lost their mind saying that it was “one of the worst movies of all time” and “inherently racist” which, needless to say, made me want to watch it that much more. But alas, I couldn’t find it for free, and therefore I really made no attempt to see Cars 2 at all. Didn’t even Wikipedia the plot. I just don’t care. But the people I did talk to also mentioned that this film was mainly Mater’s story, so for this Disneybound I chose Sir Tow Mater (I guess he gets knighted at some point?).

For this look I wanted to give a complete southern farm girl fantasy. Very “let me milk your cow”. Very “if Dorothy Gale was not 14 years old”. Very “my peach cobbler won a blue ribbon at the state fair”. Mater’s color scheme is basically just rust, but in research for this project I found that he also has some blue hues to him, and knowing that I was going for that full hick fantasy, I knew I would have to include denim in some fashion. So I used a denim button down top for the base of this look. Over this, I added a rust colored corduroy overall dress, which I would definitely not recommend for summertime in Southern California, but here we are. You can find the links to both of these items at my Amazon Storefront here. To accessorize the look, I added, you guessed it, A BELT. Over the course of the Summer of Pixar I have noticed that I will throw a belt on almost anything and call it a look. I particularly love this belt for Mater because it gives that industrial feel, and almost felt like a tool belt when I wore it loosely around my hips. The coup de ta of this look, was my cowboy boots, which of course, I flew to Texas to purchase at Cavendars because honestly what I care most about, above anything else, is the true authenticity of this look.  






No comments:

Post a Comment