Thursday, August 16, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 15: Inside Out- Rainbow Unicorn

I loved you in Fairy Dream Adventure Pt. 7!


Inside Out begins the era of Pixar movies that I actually started to like again. It was a wonderful film that Pixar managed to have not one, but TWO female leads in (way to go Pixar, you done it). I laughed, I cried, but most of all I didn't cringe at all in the entire movie so really it was a home run in my book.

Unlike most of the other bounds I've done for my Summer of Pixar, I was really torn with which character to pick. There were so many solid options- I could have done any of the emotions, or Bing Bong, but after a long while of thinking I decided that I really wanted to go with Rainbow Unicorn. For this look, I decided to truly pull out all the stops. No holds barred. Just go for it. I decided that since Rainbow Unicorn is represented as a "movie star" in the film, I was going to pull out a red carpet worthy look. I also decided that because of Rainbow Unicorn's beautiful Farrah hair, I needed to have some 70's disco queen flair.

I took a real rick with this one and ordered my base piece, a sequined gown, from the Wish App. While it did serve it's purpose for these photos, I would never be able to wear this dress anywhere else. If I had ordered this for my high school prom, for example, I would not be happy. But it was $10 and I'm never going to wear it again so c'est la vie. With this dress, I wore a pair of sparkly rhinestone stilettos, and huge disco earrings.
  Rather than a rainbow wig, I chose to opt for a rainbow headscarf to represent Rainbow Unicorn's luscious mane, though I did cheat and wear a wig anyway just to give the look a little bit of high glamour. I also threw on a pair of lilac sunglasses to match my lilac fur so everyone knew just how little I wanted to speak to them .


 My absolute favorite accessory for this look was my adorable balloon unicorn pin from Prick Pins. It's glittery, it's enchanting, it's absolute perfection and it's the perfect addition to any Rainbow Unicorn bound.



I wanted to give a huge thank you to my friend Kirk who not only assisted on the shoots for Cars 2, Brave, and Inside Out, but also assisted in styling many of my bounds for the Summer of Pixar. Don't forget to give him @kirk_a_cola on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment