Monday, August 20, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 16: The Good Dinosaur- Arlo

For this next blog post, we're all going to play a group participation game. For every time I say the word "dinosaur", everyone takes a shot, the last person to not be hospitalized wins.


This Good Dinosaur Disneybound is the perfect example of when someone gives up but tries to make it fashion. Coincidentally, the movie The Good Dinosaur is also the perfect example of when a movie studio gives up but tries to make it look like quality content. Disney has yet to make a high caliber dinosaur movie to date, which is weird because The Land Before Time nailed it on the first try. You win this round, Universal. Actually, between The Land Before Time, We're Back! A Dinosaur Story, and Jurassic Park, Universal has really cornered the market on dinosaur films while Disney seems to not even be trying. Between Dinosaur and The Good Dinosaur, I'd honestly rather take a razor scooter to the ankle than subject myself to a Disney-made dinosaur film.

Surprizingly, I had a very difficult time deciding on a character to bound for this movie. Obviously it was between Arlo and Spot, but I had pretty solid outfits picked for both so maybe there will be more Good Dinosaur bounds in my future- wouldn't that be incredible. This time, however, I went with Arlo.

Because Arlo is a big ugly green dinosaur, I hated every moment of this. But I did it for the Vine and for my fans that are constantly showing me their love and support on my Patreon. This one's for you, Allison Zeller. For this look, more than anything I pulled inspiration from Isabella's costume at the end of the Lizzie McGuire movie because I had to find something to pull inspiration from that didn't make me want to step on a Lego. Sing to me, Arlo. For the base of this outfit I went with an easy breezy bright lime green dress- which would not be flattering on anyone and is not flattering on me. To distract from this dress, I used a green faux snake skin jacket to represent the texture of a real life dinosaur. To accessorize the look, I used green sunglasses, a green headband and these beautiful sparkly green leaf earrings from Summer Blue Jewelry. On my feet I went with a tan colored crystal bootie for a little extra sparkle.



I did feel the need to mention the one and only time that Disney seemed to get anything right regarding dinosaurs, which is, of course, the Sunglass Shack from the original plans for Disney's California Adventure. In a Sleeping Beauty like situation, I could not decide whether I prefered the dinosaur pink or green, so here are pictures of both. RIP Sunglass Shack and RIP the original "thememing" for California Adventure.





No comments:

Post a Comment