Sunday, October 28, 2018

Haus of Villains Style Challenge Look 9: Gaston

My, what a guy...

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna lie, but I do not think Gaston is that bad of a guy. I made a Facebook post about this not too long ago and I got so viciously attacked- my political and religious views were questioned, it was honestly shocking. You'd think I wasn't talking about a fictional Disney character. So I'm not going to say much about it, but I don't think that Gaston is the worst guy. Belle is extremely radical in her hometown and literally everyone in her quiet village is confused by her, so why is it so bad for Gaston to assume that she should be a housewife with a strong husband just like everyone else? I just don't think it's the worst thing anyone could do any certainly not the worst thing any Disney villain has ever done. Also, in the Broadway show, Gaston has one of the greatest numbers of all time (Me). When I played Belle in my community's production many moons ago, my boyfriend was Gaston and we got to choreograph the number- so it holds a very special place in my heart, but even if it didn't it's still a hilarious song. 

For my Gaston Disneybound I decided to keep things simple. For this style challenge, much lie for my Summer of Pixar, I wanted to show a wide variety of styles from very casual to very fancy, and this one is definitely on the more casual side. I started with my black high waist jeans from Forever 21, and wore brown boots from BAIT Footwear to mimic Gaston's black pant and brown boot combo. For my top, I actually layered two collared crop tops to achieve the effect I desired- the yellow top being from Forever 21, and the red top being my tie up top from Hemet Brand that I purchased at Vintage Galeria. If you guys have been following my style challenges, you'll note that I use this top for so many bounds. I used this exact one for my Lightning McQueen look in my Summer of Pixar Style Challenge, and I used the same top in black for my Jafar look in this Style Challenge. I really love how versatile this top is- you can dress it up or down. In this particular look I used it very casually, but if you look at my Jafar look you can see how I used it for a glamorous 40's look, and in my Lightning McQueen look I went full pinup. I highly recommend this top as a staple piece in anyone's wardrobe as it's so easy to wear. If you'd like one for yourself, be sure to use code KARAMIADARLING at Vintage Galeria either online or in store at their Temecula location for buy 1 get 1 20% off. To top off this look, I put my hair in a small ponytail with a red ribbon for that classic Gaston look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment