Sunday, October 28, 2018

Haus of Villains Style Challenge Look 7: Captain Hook

Never smile at a crocodile...

Captain Hook is a villain that I've never felt a very strong connection to. I don't remember particularly loving or hating him, finding him very funny or sinister, or even sympathizing with his plight. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie Peter Pan as a whole because of its highly whimsical nature that I feel is only matched by Alice in Wonderland as far as Disney classics go, and of course I loved the movie Hook, and Killian in Once Upon a Time could knock on my door at any time of night and I'd let him in, but the character of Captain James Hook just never compelled me in any way. I just never cared about him. 

All that being said, the reason that I chose to Disneybound as Hook for this, the first installation of the Haus of Villains Style Challenge, was because I happened to have an incredible coat that would be absolutely perfect for him. Of course, I did not actually end up using the coat for this bound (it got rolled over to a character I felt a much stronger connection to), but once I set my mind to creating a Captain Hook look, I had to make it work.  

This look is another one that's almost entirely purchased from Amazon, so you're welcome- it's super attainable. And to make it even more attainable for you, I put every piece on my Amazon Storefront so you literally don't have to put any effort in whatsoever. This bound is pretty straight forward as far as directly coordinating the color scheme of the character's clothes to my clothes, just rather than wearing a full costume, I used regular clothes from Amazon. I feel like more than anything this is a pretty basic Disneybounding tutorial because of the extreme lack of creativity I put into this. I started with a pair of purple pants that look like jeans, but are made out of a really weird material and I 100% would not recommend, but they're still available in my Amazon Storefront for purchase if you want them. I added a white sweater that I had in my closet for his white shirt, threw on some ankle boots from Amazon, and topped it off with a purple beret from, you guessed it, Amazon, because nobody would wear a pirate hat in real life, so please don't wear a pirate hat and call it a Disneybound. In an attempt to replace the perfect coat I mentioned earlier with something as high fashion, I went with a cape. I actually really did like this cape and I feel like it could be used in many different looks, so I recommend it. I added a sparkly crocodile brooch on the cape and called it a day. 

My favorite accessory for this outfit, however, had to by my close good friend Allison @allisonzeller, who made the most adorable Tinkerbell and put up with me changing outfits all day. I imagine this bound took place in an alternate universe where Tink was actually working for Hook the whole time and was just secretly spying on Peter Pan but then she fell in love with him. I'm gonna write a book about it so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment