Saturday, October 27, 2018

Haus of Villains Style Challenge Look 6: Hades

I do not think I could express how much I love Hades enough. I absolutely adore him. Is he the greatest villain of all time? Literally no question, the answer is yes. Hades is so hilarious because he is full of the hate that is deep inside us all. We all understand what it's like to have the sibling that always outshines you and what it's like to be cast out to the underworld and become the god of the dead while your brother is hooking up with all the hot goddesses. We all understand that.

Because Hades means so much to me, I knew his Disneybound had to be something special. I hadn't seen a lot of people bound as Hades in the past (again, always forgotten and cast out), so I just really wanted to do him justice. I decided to go with a really high- glam "Hades goes to prom" sort of look. I started with the grey Audrey swing dress from Lindy-Bop to represent Hades' grey robes. Over that I threw on a sheer black cape that really was just a cut up piece of fabric that I made the morning of because my sewing machine just stopped working while I was hemming it. But you would have never known all of that if I didn't tell you. Because Hades is blue, I added an aqua petticoat underneath as well as aqua shoes, and to make it 100% classy, as Hades always is, I added black seamed stockings from What Katie Did.

My hair was probably my favorite part of this look. I settled on an up-do, made possible by Suavecita, and added a blue flower hair piece that I had previously made for a Tinkerbell Disneybound. I love the way this turned out because it was both reminiscent


of Hades' fire hair and kept with the themeing that I had come up with for this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment