Sunday, October 21, 2018

Haus of Villains Style Challenge Look 3: Queen of Hearts

Enough with the scarlets and rouges, vermilions and rubies and cherries and reds. Off with their heads!
The Queen of Hearts holds a very near and dear place to my heart as I once got to play her in a production of Alice in Wonderland. I got the part because I was the only person at the audition who was willing to physically scream in the director's faces, so truthfully it was a part I was born for. In an effort to provide proper character research for the role, I read both Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass, and watched nearly every version of Alice in Wonderland I could get my hands on. In case you're "curiouser and curiouser", my favorite version is the 1985 two park made for TV movie starring Scott Baio, Sammy Davis Jr., Ringo Starr, Carol Channing, my close good friend John Stamos, Beau Bridges, every other celebrity you can think of, and the girl that plays Jenny in Oliver and Company as Alice. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend renting it at your local Blockbuster.

Having seen so many beautiful, elaborate, over the top versions of the Queen of Heart's costume, I decided to take this bound in the completely opposite direction and wear something I've never worn for a bound before: a graphic t-shirt. This particular t-shirt was designed by my close good friend Traci Hines at Adorkable Apparel  Traci designs all kinds of Disney inspired merchandise that is absolutely perfect for those casual Disney days. I paired this with my red capri pants from Pinup Girl Clothing in the queen's favorite color: red, and threw on a wide black belt to show off my curves. For my shoes, I went with none other than my black starlet peep toe heels from TUK footwear. Because the outfit was so simple, I figured I could go all out with the hair, so I created what turned out to be a sort of cascading rose bush by pining every rose I owned to my head and praying to God it looked good. I was definitely pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment