Friday, July 27, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 10: Up- Russell

Good afternoon. My name is Russell, and I am a Wilderness Explorer in Tribe 54, Sweatlodge 12. Are you in need of any assistance today, sir?

Disclaimer: I had a very high fever when writing this post, but honestly I wouldn't change a thing about it.


I feel like more often than not, many aspects of the film Up are overlooked. Yes it's a beautiful heartwarming tale of an old man and his dead, baron wife, but it's also a super fun action adventure story about a kid that just wants to earn his last Wilderness Explorer badge and ends up looking for some bird in South America and almost gets murdered by some other old guy who's time in the sun is long gone. Also Kevin is a girl. I think this is a fairly good synopsis of the film. 














For this bound, I decided to overlook the old guy and the dead wife and focus on the real star of the film: the small Asian boy. It seems to be a huge challenge to most people to recreate Russell's Wilderness Explorer look without wearing a costume, but to me the key to the look is this: to just not wear a costume. For the top, I chose one of my closet staples: a yellow peasant top from Pinup Girl Clothing. While I've seen many designers recreate this peasant top, I have yet to find one as high quality as the ones they sell at Pinup Girl Clothing. For the pants I picked these super cute suspender, elephant legged pants from Collectif Clothing. I thought the suspenders were a perfect way to bring in the idea of Russell's sash without actually wearing a sash. For shoes, the only option to explore the wilderness were of course, hiking boots. To accessorize the outfit, I added a yellow beret, an orange neck scarf from Sidecca, and of course, a Wilderness Explorer badge.

The wilderness must be explored!
  







No comments:

Post a Comment