Monday, July 2, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 4: Monsters Inc- Celia

Boo Disneybound outfited completely
by Sidecca
As you already know, I am not one for repeating, and having already done an adorable Boo Disneybound for Spring Dapper Day 2017, I knew now was Celia's time to shine.

Monsters Inc was released when I was 6 years old and I remember thinking that Celia Mae was exactly who I was going to be when I grew up. Honestly, what could be better than being a receptionist at a company where your boyfriend works? Mike and Celia were the original Jim and Pam and there is nothing you can say to change my mind. In fact, nothing Jim ever did for Pam compared to Mike being able to get Celia a birthday dinner reservation at Harryhausen's. And let's not forget he also had plans to take her to a monster truck show after. Mike Wizowski is such a romantic. On my last birthday my boyfriend made me take him to JC Penny so he could buy a bow tie because he "forgot to" in the several weeks prior, and then made me drive us to Magic Castle because his car was too old and couldn't take the 2 hour drive, where he made my parents pay for a $400 meal for us. He didn't even wrap my present- he gave it to me inside the package it was mailed in. Despite their date having been ruined by a disgusting human child, Mike Wizowski still wins boyfriend of the year in my book just for the attempt.

Michael Wizowski! And on my birthday!

For Celia I wanted to do a very Mad Men, 1960's receptionist inspired look. For me, there really was no other option. She was the epitome of everything a real secretary used to represent. The key piece of this look was the Camila Dress in Jade from, you guessed it, Pinup Girl Clothing. This dress is gorgeous. It is comfortable and hugs in all the right places. and the slit up the side provides just the right amount of va va voom without being over the top. If you threw a blazer over this dress you could almost wear this to your actual secretary job, if you don't mind getting fired.


All Celia pictures provided by @nicwise

 For the hair, I decided to stray from Celia's traditional flip, and go with a poodle do. To me, the curls in the poodle were reminiscent of the snakes that made up Celia's hair. And to give it that extra bit of glamour, I added this beautiful hair flower from Monarch's Flowers. I adore the body and volume these flowers add without having to put so much effort into a style. The purple color as well as the pearls, also made me feel as though this piece would be a perfect representation of the "hair snakes".



 I also thought it would be appropriate to sport my Mike Wizowski pin as a way to show my devotion to my one true love.


And of course, because every look must be complete from head to toe, I finished off the look with the "Starlet" heels from TUK Footwear in lavender. I own these shoes in four different colors which should attest to how incredible they are. They are so comfortable and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment