Thursday, July 5, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 5: Finding Nemo- Nemo

Okay. I'm thinking of something orange, and it's small...


I remember seeing Finding Nemo in theaters with my mom and my sister and being so moved by the love that Marlin had for Nemo that I literally went home and cried with my dad for several hours. I was an extremely sensitive child, clearly. Finding Nemo just does not get enough recognition as a whole. Yes, everyone loves Dory, and so do I, but the beautiful story of a father's love is often overlooked because of her comic relief. I could go on for hours about this, but I don't want to cry today, and this isn't a movie review, it's a fashion blog.




With Nemo, I really wanted to do a nautical 60's theme and I was very inspired by Sally Field's Gidget. Growing up, my mom always told me that I reminded her of Gidget, and this film being about the love between a parent and child, I thought it was appropriate to make this look a little homage to my mother as well- the woman who always raised me to follow my passions and express myself through every avenue possible.














As I said, I was very inspired by the 60's nautical beach looks for this outfit. It only made sense to me to pull inspiration from a time period that was inspired by the ocean, for a film who's primary setting was the ocean. So I started with a true vintage orange corduroy play suit. Whoever decided to make a summertime ensemble out of courtesy was absolutely out of their mind if you ask me, but nonetheless, it made a perfect base for this look.

Nemo has a pretty basic color scheme, and doesn't provide a lot to play around with, but I still had fun selecting accessories that I thought complimented the overall look, including this wide white belt, a white headband, and white flats (yes, I do wear flats sometimes).


I also threw on these white and black bangles to represent Nemo's stripes, and even did a mod 60's eye look to bring everything together.









As I was writing this post, I was rewatching the film, and I was reminded of Dory's iconic phrase, to "just keep swimming", which resonated with me in a way it never had before. Today I wanted to remind you all to just keep swimming, no matter how high the waves are.

What do we do? We swim, swim...

No comments:

Post a Comment