Monday, July 23, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 9: Wall-E- Wall- E

And that is all that love's about...


One of the best things about this challenge is that I get the opportunity to go back and watch films that I have not seen in years. There is no question: Wall- E is my favorite Pixar movie of all time. It's such a beautiful love story told in such a simple way. With almost no dialogue in the entire film, it manages to make you feel emotions you didn't even know you could feel. It's visually stunning, it has an incredibly moving score, and it conveys an extremely important message. Also, no doubt about it, Wall-E is the cutest robot in the galaxy. The way he just goes about with his job a la Dodge in Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, despite the fact that the world around him has ended, is the most lovingly pitiful thing I've ever seen. I have not one bad thing to say about this absolute masterpiece of a film.

Wall-E was one of the bounds that I was most excited about. Since Wall-E is such a curious little robot, I decided that this look should be something slightly bohemian and artsy. Believe it or not, I was actually inspired by someone I knew, or rather used to know, for this outfit. In high school, my best friend was the most incredible girl I had ever met. She did not care in the slightest what others thought of her: she dressed how she wanted, said what she wanted, and always smelled like spearmint and eucalyptus. She was always kind and nobody ever had a poor word to say about her. So this one's for you, Brinn.

I started off, believe it or not, with a bathing suit. Yep, that's right, my black and white striped top is in fact a bathing suit. On top of this, I layered a mustard colored skater skirt, and an incredibly comfortable dolmen sleeved sweater. All three of these pieces were purchased from Amazon and you can find them in my Amazon storefront here.

To accessorize this look, I picked a Betsy Johnson bag with stars on it because, ya know, Wall-E is in space. I also added some brown boots that reminded me of the boot that Eve transported the plant back to the Axium in, and some fishnet stockings for flair. Because Wall-E has goggle- like eyes, I wore my Moonshine Deluxe sunglasses from Crown Deluxe Sunglasses.

The absolute crowning glory to this look, however was the Directive pin from Fan Flaire. Fan Flaire honestly makes some of the cutest accessories that are perfect to support your favorite fandoms in a subtle way.


 I consider myself to be a fairly creative person. I love art and being able to express myself through various avenues such as music and fashion. I often times get ideas for projects at the most random times, so I always carry a notebook with me. There's always one in my purse and one by my bed. I'm not very good with technology, so to me this is the best way to keep my thoughts organized. It just so happened that one of my idea notebooks had Wall-E on the cover, so I thought I'd use it as an addition to this look, and as a fun way for you to get to know a little more about me.







No comments:

Post a Comment