Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Summer of Pixar Look 6: The Incredibles- Elastigirl

Forgive me my fans and my public, but when it came to The Incredibles I could not, for the life of me, bring myself to do just another red and black look. It's easy, it's an obvious choice, and I just can not stand it. This whole series is about stretching my mind and pushing my creativity to do looks that I've never seen before. So for this look, I chose Elastigirl, before she was Mrs. Incredible, in the outfit that she shows up in for less than a minute to punch a bad guy in the face before she gets married. Which, in all honesty, is the most bad-ass thing I've ever heard of. She quite literally appears on the screen for only a small blip of time and the amount of seduction and bad-assery that is demonstrated by her is like- astronomical. Go ahead and re-watch the scene and tell me she's not a role model for all you want to be when you grow up. In fact, here's the scene for you right here. Elastigirl doesn't come in until about 2:50, so you can feel free to skip all that loser junk that Mr. Incredible does with the cat in the tree or whatever.



For this bound, I decided to go with something beachy for a summertime look. I figured since, in the short time that we're introduced to Elastigirl, she overpowered the screen with sexuality, I should do something fun and flirty. I started off with an adorable, flowy, white romper that I found via Amazon Prime, the world's modern super hero. I thought that this created a nice, casual base without looking too costumy (I tried to stay away from anything too fitted for this reason). 

All Elastigirl photos are taken by my
lovely friend Nicole, @nicwise on Instagram

I accessorized the romper with a red belt from Pinup Girl Clothing, perfect for snatching that superhero waist. I also added a vintage headscarf for Elastigirl's headband, and vintage red and white bangles instead of gloves, and I even added some red sunnies to hide my secret identity. For my hair, I decided on a classic flip as an homage to Helen's classic do. 




For the shoes, it was honestly a huge struggle for me not to go with some red, thigh-high boots, but I settled on these strappy red wedges that I legit stole from my friend Savannah and will probably never give back. 


 Don't forget, as Elastigirl says, "your identity is your most valuable possession, protect it"

No comments:

Post a Comment